Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Been a Long Time!

I have been neglecting this for so long, I am ashamed of myself! I love to read other people's blogs & have to concentrate now.
Well, I am officially accepted to nursing school for the fall of 2009! Yeah me! I am very excited to say the least.
Now, how to pay for it! It is steep, about $10,000 for the 2 years. It is the evening division, I go for class on Thursday from 6-10 or 11 pm, then we have clinical every other weekend from 7-4pm. It goes all year, there is a short break during the first summer, but it is in August. I won't graduate until October of 2011, it's 20 weeks longer than the traditional day courses. The girls will be going half-day to preschool in the fall, 2 1/2 hours a day, 5 days. I don't think I want to pay the extra to send them all day, it is already going to be $1740 PER child! I hate living in New York sometimes because of the school systems idea of education. Top that off that I am a 5 minute walk to the public school they would go to, but in 2010 they are making it a magnet school & will have to have a lottery for where they would go. Since they are twins, I want them to go to the same school, same class- I don't think they would do as well if separated.
Lots of knitting here.......nothing to show you right now though (I am neglectful in taking photos also!)

No comments: