Sunday, November 8, 2009

I've been a bad ba.d blogger....

I know it's been a while since I have posted here, I am sorry for that. I don't know if anyone reads this or not but sorry.
This summer was very busy as DH had knee surgery, simple surgery that turned out not so much. He hurt his knee at work back in March and finally gave into the pain and went to see a doctor about it, this was in June. They found a mass near his kneecap which needed to be removed pretty quickly 'cause hubs was having troubles, he would bend his knee and sometimes it would not straighten back. The opposite was also true. So off to surgery he went and I figured it would be in and out, wrongo! The physician said it would take roughly an hour to do what he needed to do, add the other stuff they do while you are on the table and thats another hour. Well, 3 1/2 hours later he still had not surfaced from behind the doors and myself & the girls had had enough sitting and waiting (I told the nurse we would wait since I figured a few hours) We had lunch, walked around outside watched some tv...........
Finally about 4 hours later after I harrassed the nurses some so they would do and investigation, he came out of the recovery room and back to the day surgery part of the hospital. He did really well and went for a check after 6 weeks. Then he went to the appointment thinking he would be going back to work the next week or so/ When he got home I knew something was wrong then he showed me some pictures of the mass which was larger by the time they got to it, not good. Then he says it had to be put back, well a small part of it had to be. He tore away part of his kneecap along with some cartiledge andit was sent to Boston for another biopsy and to grow it from his own stem cells. Cool.
Well as it turned out his knee healed just fine without the new bone, he went back to work and is just fine!
I started my registered nurse program in September, I love it so far and am doing really well.
The girls started preschool also and they go for 3 hours and 20 glorious minutes Monday through Friday! Some smart Momma invented preschool so we could get some work done during the day!
Lots of knitting progress also. Maybe tomorrow I will post a couple photos.

No comments: